Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Do NOT Let Life Escape You!


I ride a motorcycle. I LOVE riding my motorcycle and I often say that the time on my bike is my "therapy". No, I'm not making light of the intricacies of proper therapy but I'm simply stating that being on my bike is a way for me to "clear my head" and "let go" of the worries and/or frustrations of the day. 

I've even checked my blood pressure AFTER being on a ride and found that it was quite a bit lower than what my normal numbers read. Ahhhhhhhhh!

But, here's the thing, you can "fill in the blank" with that graphic above and put in whatever it is that you LOVE to do. You can also make it more personal by using the word "I" instead of "we". For example: "I _____________________ not to escape life, but for life not to escape me."

What would go in YOUR "blank"?

I often talk about the importance of TODAY and the fact that TODAY is all that we really have. There's no promise of tomorrow and you cannot relive or reclaim yesterday. LIFE is made up of individual days which means that each day - TODAY - makes up your life.

So, what is it that you CHOOSE to do today to make sure that LIFE doesn't "escape" you?

This doesn't mean that you have to jump out of an airplane in order to "experience" life. What it DOES mean is that you (just like me and everyone else) may just need to be reminded to make sure that you EXPERIENCE life as it unfolds around you!

If you have kids at home, don't miss out on them BEING at home. They grow way too fast and, before you know it, they will be gone and out of the house. Enjoy each day as it happens...one day at a time!

I'm sure you've heard the cautionary phrase,"Be careful what you wish for", right? Indeed, be careful, because it often comes true before you are actually ready for it to. 

This is not a long article but one that I hope will cause you think and take a look around you each and every day. Yes, sure, take advantage of those times that you get to do something out of the ordinary that you really love to do. But, at the same time, don't let the "ordinary life" pass you by without enjoying and living every moment of it before it vanishes.

You'll be glad you did!

One way to make that happen is to be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment