Monday, October 31, 2016

Laugh More, Worry Less


Always remember this truth: There is PLENTY of time and occasion for worry and sadness in one's life. That's why it's so important to take advantage of the opportunities to "Laugh More and Worry Less"!

I'm typing this article on the same day that I recorded the podcast for this topic and it's also the same day that I found out that a friend of mine that graduated High School with me passed away from a long battle with cancer. I talk about that a little on the podcast and how it relates to this very thing.

There are ALWAYS things that come our way that we will not laugh about or feel joyful about. That, my friend, is simply the way life is for those that walk this path. 

However, there are PLENTY of opportunities to find reasons to laugh and smile!

Tell me friend, what is accomplished by worry? Oh listen, I understand about worry. I've had many nights where I didn't sleep well due to worry. It seemed that, no matter how hard I tried, my mind would not let go of the worry. You've been there, too, I'm sure. 

But, again, what is accomplished? Many things that we worry about are things that we have absolutely no control over and there are also many things that we worry about that never come to be. 

I can tell you one thing that IS accomplished with worry. It affects our health in a NEGATIVE way! That's right. Worry can (and often does) bring about ulcers along with a variety of other digestive problems. It can also cause depression and, as already discussed, many sleepless nights.



So, take the challenge friend! Take the time to FIND those things - each and every day - that can make you smile more, laugh more and, as a result, worry less! Hey, sometimes you even have to laugh at the things that normally might cause you to worry.

Life goes by too quickly and many times we miss the good things in life by worrying about others. Don't become so overtaken by the pressures of life that you forget how to laugh - and how to laugh more often!

If you have children at home, you can teach them this lesson by SHOWING them how this is done. That's right, they are watching YOU and YOU can show them that, even in the midst of the everyday struggles of life, you can still find a way and a reason to smile and laugh.

Yeah, it's THAT important!

Until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment