Friday, November 19, 2021

Success Factor #1: LOOK UP!

 
Notice that the RSS Feed AND the iTunes podcast links have changed (11.1.21)!
Click on the links at the bottom of the blog to access the new information.
 
I begin this new, 5 part series, based on something that "came to me" back in August of this year. However, I don't feel that it just "came to me" but rather, I feel that God put this in my mind to share with those that seek to improve their lives in the area of maintaining a positive mindset. 
The following picture is the card that I wrote that thought down on that particular day...
 

 These are, indeed, SUCCESS FACTORS for anyone that desires to move forward in their life and with their plans for their life! In order to do so you must LOOK UP, GET UP, GET GOING, KEEP GOING and (though it doesn't appear on this card) DON'T YOU DARE EVER GIVE UP!
 
Too many times we may become lost simply due to the fact that we are not "looking up" and keeping our eyes open for opportunity that is available to us each and every day. 
 
You've heard the saying, "When one door shuts, another door opens", right? If you are not paying attention and/or LOOKING UP, you may very well MISS seeing that door when it opens.  
 
For me, when I picture someone keeping their head down it indicates someone that is doing all that they can simply to "protect" themself. "Keep your head down!" so that you don't suffer a blow to the head. Though I understand that approach in some situations when it comes to some sort of physical danger, this is NOT what one needs to do when battling the negativity that tries to defeat us along the way.  
 
 
 
 
We must LOOK UP and determine the best way (path) to take in order to ATTACK the negativity "head on" with a POWERFUL and POSITIVE forward movement! 
 
For me, as a Christian, I must acknowledge that I must also LOOK UP for guidance from God in all areas of my life. I love the following verse found in Psalm 121: 1-2..."I lift up my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
 
Be sure to listen to the podcast that goes along with this topic (see link below) to get some extra information that won't be a part of this article. I do want to share with you the following graphic from Stephen Hawking on the importance of LOOKING UP...

 
Be sure to join me in the next article as we continue on with SUCCESS FACTOR #2: GET UP!

Until next time, remember, YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON and, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike



 

No comments:

Post a Comment