Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Greatest Mistake


"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
 
We've talked about it before. The fear of failure can bring on the very thing that you fear...FAILURE! Many times, the more we focus on avoiding making mistakes simply leads to us making MORE mistakes!

Why keep talking about failure? Because it impacts the lives of most - if not all - of us. Some move on past failure while many others get stopped "dead in their tracks" due to this failure and fear of failure.

So, indeed, it IS something that we must discuss and address!

Have you ever been so afraid of something that you just could not move?

I've shared before that I am afraid of heights. You put me in certain situations and I simply freeze. I have to FORCE myself to move when I find myself in those situations. A different situation occured when I was a kid and I had a locust on my leg. I had never seen one before and I didn't know what it was! I froze and started screaming at the top of my voice...I COULD NOT MOVE!

Fear of mistakes and/or failure can literally do the same thing in our lives. It can also be literally debilitating.

Obvioulsy (easier said than done) we must learn to OVERCOME this fear and learn to move forward regardless. It's like I said in one of my podcasts last week: the way we overcome our fears is to FACE our fears.

It won't be quick. It won't be easy. But, if you ever want to move forward and get past your fear of failure then you MUST make that move.

You can do  it. You've proved that you can!

How do I know? Let me give you a few examples.

Now, unless you have some sort of disability that you were born with the fact that you learned to walk proves my point. You don't remember the routine but you failed plenty before you wre successful. You fell often before you learned to walk and way before you learned to run. You did not allow the fact that you "failed" many times keep you from trying. You did not let the fact that you fell down - and sometimes HARD and with PAIN - keep you from trying until you did it again and again.

Want more proof?

Did you ever ride a bicycle? If so, then you have more proof and, this time, you probably remember SOME of the routine that went along with that successful venture. But it was not a success right off! Even if you had training wheels on your bike you likely didn't do it right the first time. For those of us, like myself, that never had trainig wheels on a bike there were many "failed attemtpts" before we enjoyed the freedom of riding that bike. And I can tell you from what I do remember that some of those crashes were, indeed, painful. I know from experience of teaching my own sons how to ride that there was some FEAR involved. Heck, who wants to crash? It really came down to wanting to ride that bike MORE than being afraid of another crash. And, eventually...SUCCESS!

Friend, you can find all kinds of "firsts" in your life that will give you even more proof.

So, there you have it...PROOF that you've overcome this fear of mistakes and failure already in your life. So what's stopping you from doing it now?

YOU ARE.

Rid your life of that fear by taking action TODAY.

And, as you do so, be sure to...


"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


Future You University     "Like" FYU on Facebook!     Podcast on iTunes     Podcast RSS feed

                                          Make money from home with Mike!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment