Monday, December 1, 2014

Refuse to Give Up!


I got this graphic from a post by Brian Tracy and wanted to share it with you and make a few comments on it as well.

If you've not had a chance to read the last article, take a moment and do so...it sets up the thoughts for this weeks series of articles. The main focus - as stated in the last article - of these articles this week is ENCOURAGEMENT.

Why do I feel such a need to encourage you? Well, with this being the last month of 2014, I know that many of you are feeling a huge amount of pressure to "finish strong".

Sometimes we - or others - can put so much pressure on ourselves to "finish strong" that we can "crumble" and just give up. Again, read the last article and get caught up on this thought.

Notice what the graphic above states: "...as long as you do not stop."

"Going slow" is still "going", right? There is still movement and action. There is still progress. Sure, it's slow but, do you remember the tale of the Turtle and the Hare?

You've read it from me and you've heard it from me as well...Don't give up, don't you EVER give up!

Listen, I understand the whole idea behind "pushing" to get the best out of ourselves and/or others but, I also understand that this can actually have an adverse effect as well.

Honestly take a look at the whole process that you have taken toward your goals - whatever they are. Whether it is weight loss, job promotion, better relationships, financial improvement or, again, whatever it is. Be honest with yourself and try to pinpoint some things such as:
     * Did I "bite off more than I can chew" for the time period? (Example: Did I set a goal to lose 200 pounds over the 12 months of 2014? How realistic is that goal?)
     * Now that I've gone through most of this year working toward my goal, is the goal what I really want? No, I'm not talking about quitting but I am talking about being honest with yourself in determining the strength of your "why". Your "why" (as you may discover) may be based on what someone else wants FOR you and not yours at all.
     * If you decide to keep working toward that goal, are you going to set more realistic - yet, steady - expectations for your progression?

Again, just relax. Don't stress out...that doesn't help this situation in any way. Take a breath, honestly review the past year and, as you do so, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment