Wednesday, January 21, 2015

People Worth Meeting (2)

Interesting Person #2

About a week after I met Mr. Don't Tell Me I Can't (go back and read the last article if you haven't done so already), I met the next person that I want to tell you about.
 
Again, open your eyes and pay attention to those that are around you. Take the time to connect with others and you, too, may very well discover some very interesting people on your own.
 
Before I had a chance to talk with this gentleman, I noticed a very tearful good-bye between this man, his wife and a couple of kids. I had no idea what was going on at this point, but I could tell that this was not an easy separation.
 
During our conversation I found out that he was going to a "school" to do some training for a new job. This would involve him traveling to a location several states away and would mean separation from his family for a couple of months. He and his wife had been married for 8 years and had never been apart. He had a 10 year old stepson and a 4 year old little girl that were there to see him off.
 
I'll call him "Mr. Do What You Gotta' Do" because he stated that this was not his first choice of what he would prefer to do but, due to circumstances, this was what was needed to be done.
 
NOTE: Too many people will put themselves and their families in a bad position because they cannot find exactly what they are looking for when it comes to a job. Sometimes in life you do what you have to do in order to pay the bills and take care of your family. That does not mean that you will never find the job you are really wanting but, in the meantime, you do it because it's necessary!
 
He also mentioned to me that he had made some bad choices early on in his life as an adult and he was trying to get things right. He made no excuses, he didn't allow himself to sit and soak in his own pity but, instead, he made a tough decision in order to take care of and provide for his family.
 
I did everything I could to encourage him by telling him that, as hard as it would be, his family would know that he loved them enough to make tough decisions in order to take care of them He was demonstrating his dedication to his family by doing whatever was necessary to provide for them.

Who knows? He may find a whole new career that will allow him a more positive future than he would imagine at first.  I was impressed with  his determination and his great love for his family. I wished him well as we went our separate ways.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Are you whining and complaining about what is not right in your life OR are you ready to do whatever is necessary at the time?

Are you complaining that there are no jobs available when there are jobs available around you every day? Stop whining and do what you must do to make things happen!

Quite honestly, no one wants to hear such whining and complaining. Again, it may not be what you want to do with the rest of your life but, what are you made of? How determined are you to do what is necessary?

No one can do it for you...as always, it's up to YOU!

Follow the example of "Mr. Do What I Gotta' Do" (yes, again, a real person and a true story), regardless of how difficult it may be.

In the last segment of this series I will talk about someone that I never did get to meet. However, this person made an impact on MANY, even in his recent death.

Join me then - you don't want to miss it.

Until then, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike





No comments:

Post a Comment