Wednesday, April 27, 2016

YOU Are the Key!

Lessons From 'The Board' - Part 1

Not a very fancy graphic, is it? It's actually a little ugly, even!
That is a picture of a piece of paper that I have had posted to my "power board" since around 2003. Yeah, that long. What's a "power board"? Different people may call it by different names but, for me, this is one of the places where I post things like this - things that I need to SEE and NOTICE on a daily basis. 

Over the next few articles I will be sharing other such "notes" from my "power board".

However, let me suggest something different for you as far as WHERE to place it...especially this one. PUT IT ON YOUR MIRROR and read it out loud to yourself EVERY day as you look at yourself in that mirror.

This quote came from the late, great, Jim Rohn. I am so glad that I had the chance to hear him speak in person on several occasions before he passed away.  I LOVE just about anything and everything that is connected to Jim Rohn.

Let me ask you a question: Do you want a "better" future? Do you DESIRE a better future?

I would assume that you would say "yes" to that question. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't say "yes" when asked that question. We ALL want something "better" for our future.

If you're not sure about how to answer that for fear that you may sound ungrateful or greedy, maybe I can ask another question that will clear that up quickly. Do you want something WORSE for your future? 

I didn't think so.

Now that we have that cleared up, let's get to the bottom line here: YOU.

That's right, Mr. Rohn gets right down to it in this quote...YOU are the MAJOR key in this desire and YOU are the MAJOR key in this becoming a reality. Sure, there are other factors that may be involved but, notice the word "MAJOR". You are the MAIN ingredient in this process.

There are many things that YOU can do or many ways that YOU have the ability to direct this course. I'm not going to address all of those in this article but, if you want a hint, go back and read as many of my articles as you can. Look up and read as many articles and books by people like Jim Rohn as you can.

Since YOU are THE MAJOR KEY to your better future then you need to realize that improving your mindset is one of the most important things that you can do. 

It starts there but it does not end there. It is a CONTINUAL process.

Follow me? It is a never-ending process that continues day after day. And, as you continue to fill your mind with this positive information, you will GROW and, in the process, become a better person.

And, friend, that enables ANOTHER process to take place. Join me in the next article and I'll share that process with you. You guessed it - from another posting that I have on my "power board". 

And, yeah, I've had it posted there since around 2003, as well. 

Until next time...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

No comments:

Post a Comment