Saturday, April 21, 2018

Be Flexible in Attaining Your Goals


I came across this graphic on a friend's Facebook page and it "spoke to me" specifically about what is going on in my life right now. You can go back a couple of articles ago and get a glimpse into what I am referring to in the article, "Are You Laying Eggs?".

Since the beginning of this year I have been very "open" about my goals for the year and how I planned to achieve those goals. You can go back to those articles and podcasts where I talk deciding what "vehicle" would be used to get me from where I was to where I wanted to be.

What if the "vehicle" that you have picked out is not doing the job of getting you where you want to go? Are you determined to stay in/with that vehicle regardless or are you flexible enough to do what needs to be done? Maybe your "vehicle" just needs a little tune up or a tweak to make some minor adjustments OR maybe your "vehicle" needs a complete overhaul or replacement.

What you do is greatly determined by your flexibility in such matters.

For me, I have decided that it is time to change the particular "vehicle" and get on my way with my journey and try to catch up since I'm behind with my goals.

Specifically, I'm still going to be in the insurance business but I'm just doing it with a different company (yes, again) and a different approach.

Here's the deal - for me and for you...I can't be worried about what other people think in the matter. DO YOU HEAR ME?

Hey listen, I know for a fact that there are some people that look at me and think I'm just "hopping around" form one thing to another. And, yes, to some extent I have done that but, what they don't know is my reason and purpose for doing so. And I cannot concern myself with that!

I (and you in your own journey) must do what I feel is the best move for me and my purpose and goals in and for my life. And I must be FLEXIBLE in doing so.

How flexible are YOU in reaching your goal? Again, make sure you are CLEAR on what that goal is but, at the same time, be flexible in the process of reaching that goal.

Be sure to take a listen to the podcast on iTunes or on the RSS Feed and get more insight to this topic.

Also, when you listen to the podcast on this topic, you will find me discussing my future plans for the podcast. You can find this starting around the 4 minute mark. Go there to hear the details about another example of flexibility in this process.

You can actually also read more about this in my next article. It won't be long, just an explanation on what I plan to be doing with the podcast. Be sure to check it out.

 And, whatever you do along the way, always be sure to...
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment