Saturday, April 14, 2018

PASSION or BOREDOM?


Right off, I want to tell you to be sure to listen to the podcast HERE so that you can get even more thoughts and discussion on today's topic. Don't miss it!

I think most of you reading this would agree with what Vincent Van Gogh said in the graphic above: "I would rather die of passion than of boredom."

But what does that mean for you? What comes to mind when you think of living a life of "passion"? Does it mean to live a careless life or a carefree life? Does it mean to live a life without rules or a life where you make the rules? Does it mean that, if you don't "love" what you are doing then your life is not of value? Does it mean that your passion brings value to your life regardless of what you are doing?

Some are completely satisfied to live what I may consider to be a "boring life". I - and you - must be careful about judging someone in such a situation because they may be living the life that they have always wanted...even if it "looks" boring to you or me.

As I put this article together, I am 58 years old (YOUNG!) and I still believe that I am living a life of passion or, the way I like to look at it, a life of PURPOSE.

Simply put, for me that means that, regardless of what I'm doing (whether what I would prefer to be doing or not) I still have a passion - or a PURPOSE - in what I want and plan to achieve. I don't think I will ever be in a position to where I decide to be satisfied with less than I know I can be and do.

Make sense?

What about you? My biggest fear for myself - and for you - is to allow myself to get to a point where I "settle for less" because it is easier. THAT IS NOT PASSION!

Again, be sure to listen to the podcast and please, feel free to leave your comments on the fan page on Facebook (click the link below). I'd love to hear from you.

Until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment