Sunday, August 25, 2019

Do NOT Give Up!

Let me mention, right off the start, that you can find the podcast that goes along with this very same topic by clicking on the podcast link at the end of this article. I don't follow a script when I do the podcast and the blog article so, even though the topic is the same and there are some similarities, there is different material to be found in each.
Chances are, at some point in your life - at least once - you have felt like giving up. And, if we were to be completely honest, most of us would have to admit that we likely actually HAVE given up on something in our lifetime.
But we don't like to admit it. Why? Because it makes us feel like a failure!
However, keep this important fact in mind: One usually must experience failure (and, sometimes, lots of it!) in order to finally experience success. 

When I first put together my first podcast back on March 2, 2009, I came up with a little saying that I use with every podcast still today: "As long as there is breath, there is hope!" I have also discussed that thought in several podcasts and blog articles since that time.
But it is still such an important fact to keep in mind! No matter how large the problem(s) may seem or how "dark" your world may seem, as long as you are alive and breathing, THERE IS HOPE for something to change!
I get it. Sometimes it is VERY difficult to "see" any type of hope or change when things are really difficult.  But, friend, it IS possible!
I've used the following example many times in the past and I use it in the podcast that goes along with this article. It will take a lot bigger space, a lot more time and, yes, even the cost of a lot more fuel to turn around a large tanker in the ocean than it does a small jet ski, but it IS possible to turn that thing around!
Time. Effort. Dedication. Space. 
THESE are the things that we give up on too soon, my friend.  
 Thankfully, I had the opportunity to hear the late, great, Jim Rohn speak before his passing and this is one of my favorite quotes that I actually heard him say at such an occasion: "The major key to your better future is you."
We MUST begin to understand this important fact! YOU are what makes the difference! Stop telling yourself that you are a FAILURE and start telling yourself that YOU ARE THE SOLUTION! 
Whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP!  
GET UP - however many times it takes - and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

Be sure to listen to the podcast and hear me talk about being 10 years behind on some of my goals. Have I ever thought about giving up? YES! Have I done so? To some extent, at times...YES! But, do I continue to push forward anyway? YES! YES! YES!
And I encourage you, friend, to do the same. Don't you EVER give up!

And, please also keep this in mind until our next time together...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment