Tuesday, March 3, 2020

C.S.P.I. - What Is THAT?


Simply put "Common Sense Positive Information" is what I have done my best to provide through Future You University for the past 11 years. 

Oh, I know that I haven't actually called it that over that time period but, when I recently thought about it I realized that it was a perfect "name" for what I have done and continue to do. 

Hey listen, I'm not one that is going to talk about psychological patterns or studies or whatever that will help you understand who you are and why you do what you do. That's just not me.

I'm not knocking those that do...it's just not me. 

I've always tried to communicate in a way that ANYONE can understand and apply whatever it was that I was discussing.

Years ago, when I was in ministry, I always tried to do the same thing. When I was still in youth ministry, I would have the opportunity to speak to the church about once a month. Just like now, I always did my best to present information in a way that I would like it to be presented to me. I wanted to do so in a way that ANYONE could understand and apply in and for their lives. 

The "preacher" at one of the churches I worked with was what you would call an "orator". In other words, he was good at crafting words and making a "speech" but, at the same time, he really rarely - if ever - actually connected with his audience. At this particular church, I would always have one of the leaders come to me after I would speak and tell me how much he enjoyed  my presentation because it was done in such a way that he could actually understand it! My thought was, "Well, why do you guys allow this other guy to "preach" every Sunday?"

I hope that you have enjoyed my approach to the material that I have shared with you over the past 11 years. Please take a moment and stop by my Facebook page and let me know (link below). I'd love to hear from you!

Be sure to join me next time and, until then, whatever you do, always be sure to...


"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment