Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Life Happens!


I'm guessing that you - like me - can relate to the graphic above. Am I right? I would also guess that your answer to that question would be an emphatic, 'YES!"

We all have ideas and plans about how our life is going to go but, in reality, "life" has a different idea and, as the title for today's topic declares: "LIFE HAPPENS".

I really want to encourage you to watch the video (YouTube link below) for this topic so that you can see how I illustrate this next part that I'm going to discuss with you now...I think it would be beneficial for you.

In both pictures let's call the lower left hand corner, or the "starting point", point A. And, again, in both pictures let's call the arrow tip point B. Got it?

Obviously, in the first picture on the left, the graph indicates how everything would go IF everything went perfectly! There are no "hiccups" or detours, just a straight and upward climbing path of success.

HOWEVER, the picture on the right would likely more accurately depict the pattern in your life as well as mine. And, yeah I'm sure we have all even sat with a stunned look on faces saying, "What happened?" Here's your answer: "LIFE HAPPENED!"

In both pictures, notice that BOTH scenarios start off at the same spot - point A. The picture on the left shows a steady, uninterrupted and upward climb to point B. I'm not going to say that point B is where a person "ended up" but, rather, it is where they are, CURRENTLY, in their journey. 

Now I want you to focus on the graph on the right. Again, point A begins in the same spot and, although there are ups and downs and even circles at times, point B is still at a higher place on the graph than point A. Oh, I know, it's not as "high" on the graph as the first picture BUT, still, it definitely shows progress!

Keep this in mind and don't ever lose sight of that fact! Even though there have been obstacles and delays and even though you have even gone in circles at times, you are STILL making progress and moving closer to your goals and dreams! That is, as long as you don't allow yourself to give up. 

I've shared this thought with you many times before but it fits right in with this discussion: "Even if you take 2 steps forward and 1 step back, you are STILL ahead of where you started by 1 step!"

Seriously, watch the video. You'll be glad that you did and DO NOT EVER lose sight of your goal and DON'T YOU DARE EVER GIVE UP!

Keep pushing and keep moving my friend.

And, as you do so, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment