Monday, March 2, 2020

Podcast #1,000 CELEBRATION! (3 Things I've Learned)



March 2, 2009. 

On that day I published my very first podcast for "Future You University" and, now, 11 years later, I am publishing podcast #1,000. 

So, today, I celebrate the publication of my 1,000th podcast along with 11 years of Future You University! Woo-hoo!

If you would like to join in on that 1,000th episode, please click on the link below for either iTunes or the RSS feed...I'd appreciate it if you did.

Here Are 3 Things I've Learned Through This Past 11 Years:

1. You MUST Be Willing to Adjust
    If I had stuck to my "5 days a week" schedule of publishing this podcast I would easily be celebrating 3,000 podcasts instead of 1,000. But, bottom line, I didn't and I haven't. I didn't stick to my "5 days a week" schedule and I haven't published 3,000 podcasts!
    Does that make me a FAILURE? Nope! It simply means that "life happened" and I've had to make adjustments along the way. Do I wish I could have kept up with my original "5 days a week" schedule all the way through? Yes, I do. I was building up a pretty decent audience at the start and can only imagine what that audience would have been like by now if I had. But, at the same time, I'm proud to have been able to overcome some of the obstacles that have come my way and still persisted to the point of publishing #1,000 today!

2. I Must "Do Me", REGARDLESS
     Even though I have not kept the audience that I was beginning to build and even though I do not get the feedback that I desire, I have kept on "doing me" regardless. I have continued to write my blog articles, record my podcasts and also record some videos along the way. As a matter of fact, to date, I have written 1,050 blog articles, recorded 1,000 podcasts and also recorded 153 YouTube videos (not counting live feeds on social media). 
    Why have I done so even when I have wondered - at times - if anyone was even reading and/or listening? Because it is who I am and I MUST continue to "Be Me" and "Do Me". I love to share information and I love to believe that, in some small way, I have made a positive impact on this world that will live on long after I'm gone. I HAVE made an impact and it WILL live on.

3. I've Left a Lasting Impact
    As I stated in the last paragraph, I know that I have left a positive impact on this world that will live on long after I'm gone. Wow! That puts a smile on my face and a good feeling in my heart because I know that, just as I have done with those that came before me, others will be able to listen to, read and watch my messages that I have published over these past 11 years and in the years to come. 
    I am so thankful that I have the ability to read, watch and hear messages from Napoleon Hill. I've had the opportunity to hear and/or watch messages from many other greats from the past that left this earth either before I was even born or when I was too young to even know anything about them. 
    Though I know that, more than likely, my messages will not be on the same level (popularity) as many of these greats, the fact remains that this information will always be available somewhere for future generations. It is exciting and humbling at the same time.

These 3 lessons that I've learned over the past 11 years also applies to you in your life, friend. As you go through your life you will discover the need to be FLEXIBLE with the ability to ADJUST to life's ups and downs that WILL come your way. I encourage you that, as you do so, you keep your focus and always be sure to "BE you and DO you". Hey, as I've mentioned many times before, YOU ARE UNIQUE to this world and there is no one else like you. And, finally, you WILL leave a lasting impact, one way or another...positive or negative. Do all that you can to leave the best, most positive impact that you can.

Whenever it is that you come across this article, THANK YOU for taking the time to read it. I hope it leaves you something worth your while to consider and absorb in and for your life.

Until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...


"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment