Sunday, January 17, 2021

Project 141: PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT (Part 1)

 
Today, as I begin to write this blog article I just want to state that I don't know why you are here but I do believe that you are here FOR A REASON. I absolutely do believe that. I do not believe that it is just a coincidence that you are here, now, reading this blog article.

That being the case (and, again, I believe that it is), it is very important that you PAY ATTENTION to what I share with you today. You are here for a reason and there is something that you NEED to read in this article. Or, perhaps, something in this article will cause you to decide to read my previous article or...? 

As I continue my discussion on the "expansion" of Project 141 let me first call your attention to the original concept of Project 141...and that is the financial aspect of the program. You can read, listen and watch everything I've done about that by going to www.myProject141.com .

In the "expansion" of Project 141 I wanted to approach the fact that each of us can do SOMETHING every single day to make a difference in our lives as well as in the lives of others. The numbers in Project 141 represent doing 1 thing per day (or week) 4 (for) 1 year. This is more than your normal "New Year's Resolution" that most people start and stop consistently each and every year. This is more of a "strategic" approach to making actual change and improvement in our lives.

But you MUST be committed to doing this for ONE FULL YEAR!

In my last article, I discussed the importance of spending time in God's Word (the Bible) at least once a day. Again, you may or may not believe in God. That's besides the point. I DO believe in God and I'm simply sharing with you MY thoughts, ideas and suggestions. Whether you believe it or not, I do believe that YOU are a child of God...that you were created by God and, that being the case, you have an absolute need to "connect" with your creator - your Father - every single day. If you've not read that article yet, you can do so by going HERE

Closely related to the importance of your SPIRITUAL strengthening each day is your need to also focus on PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT each and every day. Do SOMETHING - (read something, listen to something) in the area of personal development every day for the next year and see what happens in and to your life. Whether you realize it or not, the area of "personal development" is closely related to what I've already discussed - the SPIRITUAL life based on the words of the Bible. That's right, the majority of the things that you read and hear from those that specialize in the area of personal development use thoughts and ideas that come straight from the Bible. 

For example, one of the key components with "personal development" (positive mental attitude, positive attitude, etc.) is that of "guarding/protecting your mind or your mindset". Look at the next graphic and read how the late Jim Rohn put it...

 
I've talked about this for years! The world is FULL of negativity and is more than willing to dump all of that negativity into your mind and mindset. You already know that, right? That's my goal and my purpose with everything that I have done with Future You University since it all started on March 2, 2009 and it still is the focus even now. 

I am so glad that I had the opportunity to hear Jim Rohn speak in person on a few occasions while he was still alive. Notice the very strong word that he uses here: GUARD! This is serious business friend! Also notice how often he stressed that we "stand guard at the door of (our) mind"...EVERY DAY.

A guard is to be AWAKE, ALERT and diligent in his duties. He is not to take the task lightly and he is to PROTECT whatever it is that he is guarding. Get the point?

Now, along those same lines, follow along with this passage from the Bible...

Philippians 4:6-8
New King James Version
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
 
 Do a little research on those words if you'd like, in Part 2 of this section I will get into the ideas and meanings behind those words and why they are so important as we continue our discussion on PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.

But, even for now, PAY ATTENTION to what you let into your mind and mindset. BECOME AWARE of the need for YOU to "stand guard at the door of your mind."

Until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment