Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Seeing With NEW Eyes: The TRANSFORMATION (Part 2)

 

 If you have not done so, be sure to go back and read the blog article that preceded this one as well as listening to the two podcasts that I have posted so far in this new series entitled, "Seeing With NEW Eyes" (see link at bottom of article). 

I will tell you that I did not get as far in that second podcast as I had planned...but that's o.k. because I want to say what God wants me to say and share as I go along the path of this story of TRANSFORMATION that has been taking place in my life as well as in the life of my wife. 

We have been married for a little over 39 years now and we are more focused and happy than ever before. It is because of what we are experiencing TOGETHER along this path. 

Now, some of you may already be getting "scared off" due to the language that I am using and you may be thinking this is going to be some strange, mystical, cultic-religious article but you can just relax, friend. I will say this though: If you listen to my podcasts, I now pray during each one and I will say what you will hear me say on those podcasts...I don't know who is reading this but if you are, you are reading this for a reason. You likely don't even know what that reason is but I firmly believe that there is a PURPOSE for you being here, right now, reading this. 

And, whether you want to believe that or not I want you to consider the fact that acknowledging the possibility of that being true does you no damage at all. None.

As I said, in this series I am sharing with you information and events that have taken place that has taken my wife and I down a path of TRANSFORMATION. What does that mean, exactly?

Perhaps it is best to begin with a "dictionary" definition of the root word - transform. Here is what is recorded in the Merriam-Webster dictionary for the word, transform (transformation) - 

a : to change in composition or structure
b : to change the outward form or appearance of
c : to change in character or condition
 
Simply put, it is the process of CHANGE taking place ("change in character or condition") and, yes, even - at times - a resulting change in the "outward form or appearance of" an individual, in this case. 
If, for some reason, you think that sounds a bit odd, consider how often you hear someone tell a lady that is pregnant with child that she is "glowing". Have you ever told someone or heard it said about someone that "It is easy to know that you are happy...it is written all over your face!"? It could be as simple as turning a frown into a smile or a life of desperation into a life of hope and promise.

I also want to call out a scripture that is found in Romans 12:2 which reads... "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (NKJV)

Two sides of the spectrum discussed here: being CONFORMED or being TRANSFORMED.

Being "conformed" is just the opposite of what was defined by the word, "transform". Whereas the word, "transform" indicates CHANGE, the very idea of "conform" indicates more of "molding to" (which, yes, is a change) and not "changing from". 

Let me go further with this comparison...ANYTHING that is poured into any type of a mold is being CONFORMED to the shape and limitations of that particular mold. That which is being poured into that mold has no ability to be anything different or shaped any differently than that particular mold. Yes, even people can be "molded" into a certain way of dressing, talking, behaving and, overall, living. 

However, a TRANSFORMATION is taking place when a caterpillar enters into it's cocoon and comes out as a butterfly! Completely changed! And, once again, it is possible for people to undergo such a transformation. No, I'm not talking about a person becoming an animal or anything like that but, instead, a person becoming something that they (or others) never thought that they could or ever would. 

THIS IS POWERFUL! 

The Bible verse listed above states that one way that this transformation can take place is by the "renewing of your mind" (and some versions indicate that this is to be a DAILY process). In other words, "making" your mind "new" on a daily basis. Allowing your mind (mindset) to "grow" and "expand" in it's knowledge and thought process. Never allowing it to be the same. To never, ever stop thinking and growing in this way. 

THIS IS POWERFUL!

When you listen to the podcast you will hear a song playing in the background that is titled, "Rattle", that is sung by Zach Williams. In case you don't know the story of what this song is talking about, you should go look up what is found in the Old Testament in the book of Ezekiel, chapter 37. Ever hear the song that goes something like, "...ankle bone connected to the - leg bone, leg bone connected to the - knee bone..." ? That song is also referring to this occurrence found in Ezekiel 37.

Are YOU, perhaps,  going through a DRY season? Do you feel that you are just a bunch of "dry bones" that are lying out in the middle of the desert? Take heart, friend, because TRANSFORMATION is possible!

Perhaps you are one that is going through a POWERFUL and TRANSFORMATIVE change? LET ME HEAR FROM YOU - I'd love to hear your story just as I am sharing mine with you!


  Listen, I'm not trying to be "preachy" or anything like that. I am, however, trying to be encouraging by sharing this amazing story that my wife and I are experiencing right now as I write this blog article. 

The other day, the image you see above is a thought that "came to me" so I wrote it down...just as you see in that image. I knew it was something that I needed to see and hear and, I honestly always feel that, at the same time, it is something that others probably need to see and hear as well. (Remember when I said that I don't know why you are here but that there is a REASON for you reading this article? Maybe THIS is the reason.)

No matter what is going on in your life and no matter how LONG this has been going on...I want you to "feel" those dry bones begin to move and I want you to listen closely to see if, maybe, you don't begin to hear those dry bones begin to "rattle" in preparation for the TRANSFORMATION that might be coming your way!

So, right now - today - I want to encourage you to, first and foremost, LOOK UP! Stop looking down in defeat and begin to look UP to what lies ahead and then make that next step and GET UP! That's right, GET UP and get ready to put some life back into those legs that were intended to move you forward and then, do just that - GET GOING and, friend, don't you dare stop...KEEP GOING!

Easier said than done? Maybe. But you won't get anywhere lying out in the middle of that desert now, will you? YES, YOU CAN do this!

In my next podcast and blog article I plan to start getting into SPECIFIC details about people and situations that have come into our lives over the past 7 months or so and how they  - all different - have come together to aide in this TRANSFORMATION that is taking place in our lives. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts and, like I mentioned above, I'd love to hear any stories of transformation that you have to share. The best place to do that is on my FaceBook page (see the link below). 

Until next time, remember, YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON and, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment