Monday, July 25, 2022

Are YOU in CONTROL Without a "Plan B"?

At the end of my last article I asked the question (or similar): "What CONTROL do you have over your current situation/job?"

Sure, consider the obvious things such as being told when you can or cannot go to the restroom or take your lunch break. Depending on the schedule, do you even GET a lunch break? Wow, how about trying to schedule your vacation only to be told that you can't because of some "reason" that those "in charge" decide that they want to do first?

Are you able to participate in your child's school activities? Even if it's just trying to get off a little early to do so? How many days can you take off to take care of a child that is sick and has to stay home from school? 

But let's go a little deeper on this thought...

What control do you have over actually KEEPING your job?

Yes, I understand that there is a LOT that you can do to make sure that you not only keep your job but get promoted with your job. A lot of people want to do the minimum and expect the maximum in benefits by doing so. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm referring more to situations like what I discussed in the last article and podcast about my own personal recent situation. 

The bottom line - the TRUTH - is that you DON'T have control when it comes to the actions of those above you that could greatly impact your ability to keep your job. You DON'T have control over whether or not your company decides to shut down and move the company to a foreign country. You DON'T (and DIDN'T) have control over the government forcing your company to completely shut down which put you and everyone else out of work. For how long? Again, out of your control. 

So, yes...you DO have some control over your own actions and abilities. Your habits and your work ethic. But, beyond that...how much control do you actually have?

The only real way to GET 

(and maintain) control is 

to TAKE control!

This may surprise you but, in this article, I have no solutions for you on this problem. I have no suggestions for you

Why? I honestly have yet to find something that has worked for me. Now, I know others that have done GREAT things with a "Plan B" and, yes, have also developed a "Plan C, D, E, F", etc.  I'm working on some things right now and...if they work out for me, I'll let you know. 

Here's the thing: There is PLENTY of information out there about "side gigs" and putting together a "Plan B". Again, COVID really brought the need for such to the fore-front. 

BOTTOM LINE: Don't wait to begin your search when you are under pressure to MAKE something happen! That generally will cause you to make poor decisions and it will also remove your ability to be patient with the process.

I do have something planned that might be of assistance to you in this area. I am currently working on a series entitled, "People of Passion" in which I will be interviewing a few people that I have connected with either personally or via online sources that have exhibited a sense of happiness and passion in their lives. Some of these are also involved in some "Plan B/Side Gig" opportunities and some are not. Be watching for that!

I'll leave you with this: "If you are not in control of (fill in the blank), chances are, someone else is."

Until then remember...

YOU'RE HERE FOR A REASON and, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"


Mike


YouTube   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment