I had the opportunity to hear the late, great, Jim Rohn speak a couple of times before his passing. A couple of quick and important lessons in that alone...#1. If you have the opportunity to hear one of our current "top minds" in whatever area you are pursuing - DO IT and DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I was actually at an event at which he was scheduled to speak and which would have been my 3rd time to hear him but he was ill and unable to do so. He passed shortly after that. #2: I was able to do so because I was part of a MLM organization that had hired him to speak at their conventions. This was something NEW for me to do but, if nothing else, I had the opportunity to learn from someone like Jim Rohn!
Why do I mention those things? Because they are EXACTLY what I'm discussing in today's article...stretch and push yourself so that YOU can become MORE!
Notice what he said in this quote and APPLY IT TO YOURSELF. This should cause you to ask yourself a couple (at least) of questions such as: 1. Do I feel (and maybe even complain) that I'm not making enough money? 2. What am I doing about it as far as improving myself in the area of personal growth?
Listen, you can earn all of the certificates, etc. that you can or want and still not do well because of your personal skills and mindset. That, my friend, is a fact.
Here's another graphic from one of my white boards in my office...
Maybe
you've heard the idea of "Be - Do - Have" with the explanation behind
it being that, if you want to change and improve your life you must
first BEcome the person you need to become in order to DO the things
necessary for you to HAVE those things that you desire. I've heard that discussed and explained very well and I understand the point behind that line of thinking.
However (and this is another point to consider as well), I don't completely agree with that order or process. As indicated on that image from my whiteboard, I think you must first DO something before anything else takes place. What is it that we must DO? We must FIRST make a firm DECISION about what it is that we want to accomplish in and for our future! Once that is done, THEN (in my opinion) and ONLY then can we figure out and know what it is we need to DO in order to achieve that result.
(Hey Mike, what's the other "point to consider" that you mentioned?) Don't just settle for what someone says...no matter who it is! Now then, let me differentiate that a little. Just because you don't understand something or it's not clear to you at the time does NOT mean that it is wrong! If you are listening to someone that has "been there, done that" and you haven't, you likely don't understand because your mindset hasn't developed to the same point that theirs has. Right?
Write that thing down so that you can go back and examine it again and again and again and, if possible, listen and/or read more from that same person which may also help you begin to understand what was being said.
But, that STILL doesn't mean that you have to agree with everything that was said. So it was with what I shared with you by using the graphic above. I heard what they said and I understood the reasoning behind what they said and, for a while, I agree with what they said. But, as I grew and developed I began to believe the thought that I shared with you that you must first DO something and that "something" was to MAKE A DECISION!
Bottom line is simply this: You must WANT something so badly for yourself and your future that you DO WHAT IS NECESSARY for you to BECOME MORE so that you CAN have what you desire.
Follow me for more! Please visit all of the sources listed below and subscribe, like, follow and SHARE with others because, friend, I'm just getting started even though I've been doing this since 2009!
And, as always..."Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment