Thursday, September 26, 2013

Believe in Yourself...and Others


"Like" us on Facebook!


What you see in the picture above is the upper right hand corner of my white board. I'm not really sure how long that's been on there but I'm going to estimate that it's been there for at least two years!
Those of you that follow this blog and my podcasts, etc. (www.FutureYouUniversity.com) may remember when I shared my thoughts about where this phrase came from but, for those of you that are fairly new or need a refresher on it, let me do a quick recap for you.
A couple of years ago as I was out on my motorcycle enjoying a ride I came across three different signs (one in front of a church, one in front of a school and another in front of some other building)  with the following phrase positioned on it: "BELIEVE IN YOURSELF". Now, I don't know about you but when I see something with the EXACT same message on it three times in the matter of maybe an hour - I PAY ATTENTION!
I remember thinking, "Awesome! I need to believe in myself more because I already do!" Then, about two miles from home I saw the ending of a message scrolling across of a sign in front of an insurance company. I have no idea what the first part said but the part I saw simply read, "...and yourself." I remember specifically thinking, "Wow, the missing piece to the puzzle!"
You see, you MUST believe in yourself and act on that belief NO MATTER WHAT others around you may try to do to derail you from your goals and dreams (and you know that they will!). Never, ever stop working on this important piece of the puzzle to your success. "Your greatest education takes place on the campus of your mind." That's not just a cute little phrase I came up with back in 2009. It's a FACT and one that we must ALWAYS work on - our mindset and what we allow INTO our minds and lives! I could write a LOT more about this but I'm going to move on from this part to finish up with the other, important part of this phrase - "...and others".
I am a skeptical person. For one, it is the way I was raised. My dad was one that always questioned anything and everything and, though it taught me to be careful in my dealings with others, I do believe it also instilled in me a lack of trust in others. You know what I mean, right? "They're out to get there's and I had better put my hand on my wallet so that they don't take advantage of me!"
I've had a hard time overcoming this and I wish I could tell you that I was past that - but I'm not. I STILL am a very skeptical person but the fact remains that if you wish to REACH the success that you DESIRE then you WILL have to not only believe in yourself but you will also have to believe in and TRUST other people - especially those that you choose to follow.
So, going back to our last few podcasts and videos that I shared on leadership - do you think it's important WHO you follow and WHO you trust?
YOU BET IT IS!
As I shared in the lesson entitled, "Been There, Done That", it is important to find someone to follow, believe in and TRUST that has a proven track record and then, my friend, we must allow ourselves to actually TRUST those people.
Oh, don't follow blindly, but you have to learn to trust (lesson to myself!) if you plan to move forward in your life.
Make sense?
Let me mention to you that I have another blog that I've shared some of the articles there on this blog but I want to encourage you to check it out here and then let me know what you think. YES, there is an opportunity to check out there and I encourage you to take a look - no obligation. I do believe that the leaders of this particular group are definitely those that have "been there, done that" and there is exciting developments coming out within the next couple of weeks.
Anyway, remember, "Believe in Yourself....and OTHERS."
And, as you do, always be sure to...
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment