Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Stepping Away From the Mundane


 
 
I (or I should say, my wife and I) walked away from my job two days ago and I feel more alive today than I have in a very long time.
 
This thought/idea may sound completely foreign to you but, for me, it's been a life-saving move and one that was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for my life and my mission in life.
 
Like many, I had allowed myself to get into a situation (and this situation was mostly due to my mindset) to where I felt I had no other option but to crawl to a J-O-B. This was a job that ANYONE could do (and DOES do), that required no special skills and, quite honestly, had no future whatsoever. It was strictly a J-O-B and a way to bring some money in and to pay the bills. It paid the bills (most of the time) but that was ALL it did. There was no freedom with our time and there was not enough left after paying bills to actually enjoy what time we did have when we were off from that job.
 
But here's the worse part: IT WAS SUCKING ME INTO A HOLE THAT MANY NEVER PULL THEMSELVES OUT OF - it was like quicksand. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on that type of concept.
 
I/we stayed there longer than I had planned and I knew that if I didn't do something DRASTIC (something that 98% of those there would not ever do) then I, too, would be stuck there continuing to dread every day.
 
 
Friend, THAT'S NOT WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT!
 
So, I/we walked away. Yes, we have plans and things in action that we have had to put off due to having that J-O-B. And I feel more ALIVE, EXCITED and ENERGETIC than I have felt in a very long time.
 
As a matter of fact, a couple of hours ago my wife and I sat on our back porch watching the rain (which we love to do but haven't done in a very long time due to that J-O-B), smelling the rain and just talking excitedly about what all life had to offer us now that we have cut the chains that were dragging us down and keeping us attached to that mind-numbing activity from which most people never, ever break free.
 
What about you? Does that scare you? Does that sound crazy or does it MAKE SENSE to you? Does it EXCITE you?
 
But how?
 
That's the fun part, friend. But first and foremost you have to CHANGE your MINDSET! Instead of being AFRAID (fearful) of taking such a step you need to WAKE UP and be MORE AFRAID (fearful) of staying where you are if you DO NOT LIKE where you are. Make sense?
 
But, as always, it's up to you. Think and plan - YES! But, sooner or later those thoughts and plans must position yourself to finally take ACTION.
 
I'm so glad I/we did.
 
Until next time, whatever you do, be sure to "Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
 
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment