Monday, June 23, 2014

Think About It OR Do It?


Now, obviously this is just my opinion (I mean, it IS my blog, right?) but I think that gift-giving has gotten out of control in a lot of areas. For example, as far as I know it's always been "expected" to bring the person celebrating their birthday a gift or present. However, from what I understand, NOW parents hosting the birthday party for their child are often expected to provide gifts for each child attending so that no one goes home with nothing.
 
WHAT????
 
I also think that, many times, even the gifts that are brought to the party turn into a "competition" and more money is spent on these gifts than necessary.
 
When a gift is given due to pressure or out of the need to "keep up" with the level of gifts others may be bringing then, to me, it's not really a GIFT given it's just "stuff".
 
On the other hand, a child can make a gift for their Mom or Dad and make it out of dead flowers and it be the most precious gift that either parent could ever receive. Why? Because "it's the thought that counts".
 
But, like I state in the graphic above, as nice as this thought is, it is FALSE and, yes, even DANGEROUS when there is something that needs to be DONE!
 
It's FALSE because when there is something that must be done, "thinking about it" is absolutely worthless if there is no action to follow the thought.
 
It's DANGEROUS in that this leads to a lack of responsibility that can be passed down from generation to generation. It's also dangerous in ways that I won't go into but, think about your doctor having this approach or even your mechanic and I think you'll agree that it can, indeed, be VERY dangerous!
 
"I thought about it" verses "I did it"...I don't think it takes much thought to figure out which of these your boss would rather hear if he asks you if you got your task done.
 
"Thought about" goals will not take you to your dreams unless you take ACTION on your thoughts. Ahhhh, there may be the answer to your question as to WHY you haven't achieved what you have set out to achieve.
 
Perhaps you've done nothing more than THOUGHT ABOUT what it is that you want to accomplish.
 
HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS: That can be corrected RIGHT NOW....TODAY! ("As long as there is breath, there's hope." - Mike Spillman)
 
As a variation of that famous sports quote says,  "Just Go On and Do It!".
 
Remember, this is a problem that can be corrected but it MUST begin now and not later.
 
Might I suggest that making a decision to attend the event described in the next paragraph would be a good place to start?  Think about it and then seriously consider taking some ACTION for something that could literally change your life forever.

DON'T MISS THIS EVENT! - MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! It doesn't matter who you are or what you do for a living, you don't want to miss this life-changing event. You've heard me talk about Dani Johnson many times before right? I will be attending one of her live events in San Antonio, Texas on July 12th - 13th and we'd love to meet YOU there! Go here to check it out for yourself and get ready to take your life to the next level!




"I thought about it" OR "I did it".

It's YOUR choice...choose wisely, friend and move on to your better future.

And, as you do so, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

     Future You University   "Like" FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

                                         Start your home based business HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment