Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Think BIG!



"Hey Mike, why is it you always have to talk about such BIG stuff? Why can't you just relax and just let the rest of us think the way we want to think?"
 
I actually had an old High School buddy post something similar to that on my Facebook page a couple of years ago after he saw the title for one of my blogs and podcast. Thing is, I knew by his comment that he didn't even take the time to read and/or listen. Yeah, I went ahead and removed him from my list of friends. The phrase I used to describe this action (and no one else knew why I posted this) was, "Sometimes you just gotta' weed your garden!"
 
Not only is life too short to think small, it's also too short to hang around others who think small!
 
I chose to remove that person from my connections because I didn't want their negativity to rub off on anyone else that may be reading my posts. I wasn't worried about his influence on me. No friend, I was (and still am) way beyond his ability to comprehend what thinking BIG is all about.
 
Think about this...what should I do, encourage people to think small? Wow, what a message that would be, right? "Don't take a chance of falling short and being disappointed! Think small so you don't regret anything!"
 
I think the real truth is that, by thinking and living small, one sets themselves up for the biggest regret of all. And that is coming to the end of your life and realizing how small you really did live your life!
 
Not me! I refuse to come to the end of my days on this earth having lived a life of fear and smallness. Have I been disappointed due to some of my BIG thoughts? YES! Have I had regrets due to some of these BIG thoughts?
 
Yes and no. Yes, some of these BIG thoughts cost me a chunk of money but, at the same time, I learned a lesson that was invaluable. So, I guess you could say that , NO, I didn't regret it after all!
 
So what if you fall short when you think BIG? Even if you do fall short you are far advanced from where you would be by thinking small and living small.
 
Get this point: STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE THAT TELL YOU IT CAN'T BE DONE!
 
Hey, be sure to listen to the podcast to hear me tell of a young lady that REFUSED to listen to even me when - jokingly - I would tell her to settle for a "loser mentality". She was AWESOME!
 
Friend, just typing this out gets me all fired up! How about you?
 
THINK BIG - DREAM BIG - LIVE BIG!
 
And as you do so, whatever you do, be sure to...
 
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
 
Mike
 




Future You University   "Like" FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

                                         Start your home based business HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment