Monday, November 28, 2016

Believe in Yourself


I've shared the story with you already about how, several years back while on a motorcycle ride I came across three signs that all said the same thing - the EXACT same thing. What was the message on the signs? The same message that you see in the graphic above. 

Now, listen, when I see the SAME message on three different - and unrelated - signs, all on the same day, it kind of gets my attention!

And, it's the "next-to-last" phrase that is found on the poster that I have gotten the topics from for the last several articles (and podcasts). 

We live in a world where it is easy to begin to doubt yourself. Right? We have all likely experienced someone else (or SEVERAL "someone else's") that felt it was their right to tell us that we were worthless or less than what they thought they deserved. This could be true in personal relationships as well as the workplace. Many times children are abused by the constant negative and demeaning comments made to them by someone in their life.

And, it's also easy to "beat ourselves up" by repeating those same, negative remarks to ourselves. I've had people tell me, "I've been told that all of my life so, it must be true!"

Too, sometimes, we just begin to doubt ourselves because we have not been the "success" that we had envisioned for ourselves.

But, friend, listen...wherever you find yourself in all of this and whatever the reason for your self-doubt, hear me and hear me loud and clear. YOU ARE SOMEONE SPECIAL! (Be sure to read the next article and also be sure to listen to the podcast on that topic). 

You MUST begin the process of believing in yourself! I understand that it is very difficult for some people and, to be honest, it may actually require the help of a professional to get you past some of the verbal abuse that you may have endured. If so, seek it out and take advantage of this help. 

Hey listen, you may find this hard to believe but, even people like myself struggle with self-doubt. Yes. Me. 

However, I understand that I MUST believe in myself if I am going to keep moving forward in a positive mindset and positive lifestyle. I know that I MUST believe in myself if I am going to continue on toward my goals and dreams.

Will there be others that will try to deter me from this goal? OF COURSE! That will ALWAYS be true! Will my own mindset, at times, try to sabotage this process? Absolutely! That is why it is so important to do all that I can to continually absorb as much positive information as possible.

Take a few moments and listen to the podcast (see the two links below!) and BE ENCOURAGED!

Stop doubting yourself and take heart. You ARE someone in whom you can believe in and trust! Yes, YOU!

Until next time, friend, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment