Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Be Humble!


(from the song, "It's Hard to Be Humble" by Mac Davis)
 Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
Cause I get better lookin' each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man
Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
But I'm doin' the best that I can!

You may not be old enough to remember that song, but I have enjoyed singing that chorus from time to time over the years - just out of fun. 

But, let me ask you this: How many of you know someone that really IS that way? Yeah, I thought so - we ALL likely know someone like that. And my guess is that NONE OF YOU like to hang around a person like that, right?

It can be said (and has been said) of some people, "If you want to know how good they are at something, just ask them - they'll tell you...and tell you...and tell you."

I was in the car one day with a relative and, for the hour that we were in the car, all that person talked about was themselves and how they were good at this and that and the other thing. The thing is, knowing them like I did, I knew that it mostly was NOT true. 

So, what if you really ARE "that good"? Then let your work or your results do the talking for you. Simple as that! Going back to the last article, when you WORK HARD you won't have to tell others how good you are or what a success that you are. Oh sure, there will be some that won't see it and others that will even refuse to see it or acknowledge it, but friend, the results will speak for themselves. 

Bottom line, no one likes to be around someone that talks about themselves like that and they also don't like to listen to someone talk about themselves. 

So, work hard, be your best, do your best and stay humble. 

You'll be glad you did. And so will everyone around you! ;)

Thanks for joining me today - until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment