Thursday, November 17, 2016

Find the Good!


About a week before this article I did another one on the need to "Stay Positive". In that article I talked about how, at times, I almost have to make a "game" out of finding SOMETHING positive to focus on during some days because of the abundance of negativity that seems to surround me. And, I know that many of you can relate to what I'm saying on that.

In similar fashion, you may have to do the same when it comes to "finding the good" in some days. I love what the phrase that you see posted above states about that: "Every day may not be good, BUT, there is SOMETHING good in every day!"

One of the examples that I use in the podcast is that of a funeral. I think it would be easy to say that we'd all agree that such a day is NOT a good day! However, even in the midst of the sadness of such a day there is still something good that can achieved. Many times, in such a situation, family members get to visit with each other and catch up with each other. Often, some of these family members have not seen each other in years. Some even feel a little guilty when they find themselves laughing and smiling while sharing some fond (and often, funny) memories with those family members.
Hopefully you don't have to experience those situations very often but, chances are, you still do struggle with days that may not be considered "good" just because of some of the struggles and negativity that seems to fill that particular day. Hey, sometimes, at the end of the day, the GOOD thing that you find is that the day if is finally over! 😏


LIFE brings good days as well as what may be considered bad. One good thing about that fact is that, even when you are experiencing those "not-so-good" days it points out the fact that you are ALIVE and that you are experiencing life! That, my friend, is a GOOD thing!

One of the reasons that I spend time doing these podcasts and writing these blog articles is so that I can better equip myself (and you as well) to face and handle those times that are a bit of a struggle. There are times that I can "see" that I've improved in handling those situations better than before. That's a good thing.

Make sense?

This is all part of "improving your mindset". Yes, some times it is VERY difficult to do and sometimes you just sit and "scratch your head" trying to find something GOOD in every day but, friend, it's there. Open your eyes and your mind and discover the GOOD even in a day that is NOT so good. 

(Aren't you glad I didn't use that worn out saying about turning lemons into lemonade?)

Until next time, friend, whatever you do, be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment