Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday's Podcast: "Special Message- Do it Anyway!"

In today's podcast I spend a few moments just talking about those special relationships that we have in our lives and how important it is to cherish each of them every day. The picture above is of my special group of friends that I graduated with back in 1978 - this is the 3rd time that we have gotten together for lunch to laugh and enjoy each other's company.

All of them - except me - live within a 10 mile radius of each other and see each other fairly often. However, for me, for the most part, until we started getting together for these special times together, I had seen them two times in the past 30 years. Wow.

Thank goodness one of them - Tammy - contacted me via Facebook and then the "domino effect" kicked in and I ended up being back in contact with each of them in this group. And now? Well, like I said, the picture above is from our 3rd monthly luncheon together and we all seem to cherish these special times together.

You know, if Tammy hadn't taken the time to reach out and "find me" I likely would still be missing out on these special moments with these friends. Actually, I know that would be true. So, here's the point of all of this and the focus of today's podcast...

Don't be afraid to open up and reach out to those people in your life. Have you been hurt? If you have ever opened your heart to anyone for any reason - the answer is likely "yes". But you know what - open up anyway. Be real, be open, be a friend. Laugh. Love. Live.

Do it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment