Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Mike's Quotes #1


Several years ago, when I was first introduced to the late Jim Rohn, I came across a "book of quotes" that he had and I thought it was pretty cool. By the way, I had the chance to hear him speak on several occasions before his death, which is a lesson in and of itself. (Take advantage of opportunities NOW!) Anyway, I remember thinking to myself, "One day, I'm going to have my very own 'Book of Quotes'." As a matter of fact, I remember telling that to a lady that was my sponsor in the MLM company that I was involved in at the time.

So, long story being made just a little bit longer, I started "saving" some of my quotes with that expressed purpose in mind And, now, I've decided to share some of my quotes through my blog articles and, I begin with today's quote:

"What we believe determines GREATLY what we achieve." 

Though it is rather close to the phrase, "If you believe it, you can achieve it!" it actually states something more "encompassing". 

By the way, the quote, "If you believe it, you can achieve it!" is taken from the teachings of Napoleon Hill in the book, "Think and Grow Rich". However, if you actually take the time to read what Mr. Hill actually says about that thought, you will find that he CLEARLY emphasizes the need for ACTION in that formula! He makes it pretty clear that, without action, belief will get you nowhere.

Now, look at my quote that I shared and you will see that, what I describe through my quote, covers "both sides of the spectrum" whether it be POSITIVE or NEGATIVE belief!

If you believe that you can - AND you take action - then, more than likely you can. And, of course, if you believe that you can't then, well...you'll be right in that thought as well. What's that quote that I heard once before? "Whether you believe you can or you can't, you'll be right!" I don't know that it is an exact quote but, you get the point, right? 

The STRENGTH of your belief will determine whether or not you actually take action as well as what KIND of action you take. What is your PURPOSE? PASSION? What is your "WHY"? 

Now, there's one thing more that I want to point out - we must be somewhat realistic in what it is that we believe we can accomplish. I know, I know, I can hear some of you now, but let me explain. 

I just turned 60 years old last week and if I had a "dream", a "goal" or even a "belief" that I was going to be a starter in the NBA then, friend, I would be greatly disappointed! Right? I mean, c'mon people, let's get REAL here! BUT, if I decided that I wanted to be closely connected - in SOME way - with an NBA team then, I can take action and make that a reality in some way! 

This is something that we MUST teach our children, friend! Don't mislead them by telling them that they can do "anything" that they want to do. I get it, I really do but, at the same time, it's important that, at some time, we help them look at different options, different "angles" for what it is that they want to achieve in their life. I hope that makes sense.

Bottom line: We MUST take daily, purposeful action to help build and protect our positive mindset so that we can achieve some POSITIVE due to the fact that we have a POSITIVE belief system about who we are and what we can accomplish. 

And, as you take those daily steps, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

YouTube     Future You Travel

No comments:

Post a Comment