Thursday, November 14, 2019

Mike's Quotes #3


“Living a life without passion is not living life!” - Mike Spillman (3.23.10)

I don't remember all of the details but I do remember that, whenever I first posted that quote - maybe on Facebook? - I had one person say something negative about it. Again, I don't remember all of the specifics and even what they said but, to be honest, my first thought was, "What? How could ANY one have anything bad to say about that quote?"

Believe me, I didn't dwell on that thought for long because I realized (and still do) that NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO that is a move in a positive direction, there will ALWAYS be someone that will do something to "tear it down" and, in their minds, tear YOU down.

And, from what I can tell about such people, these people usually are living a life void of passion! And, that being true (and I do believe that it is), they cannot handle you - or anyone else - experiencing and/or expressing the passion that is in their own life. 

People that live their lives without passion are MISERABLE people. Period! Is being miserable a way to live your life? Absolutely not! Now then, I rest my case. 

O.k., I'm just kidding but, at the same time, I do believe that I have already made my point for the day. "Living a life without passion is not living life!"

Listen, that doesn't mean that you have to be involved in some sort of big "movement" and that your passion has to be something that is going to change the whole wide world. But (and don't miss this point), chances are, your passion - whatever it may be - likely IS changing someone's world. 

I believe that, if you really think about your passion(s) in your life, you will find that other's have benefited from that passion. From what I have seen, a person's passion usually has to be shared with others...it just seems to be the way that it is.

BE SURE to listen to the podcast and watch the video on this. Believe me, I took a whole different direction with this article than what I discussed there, so be sure to check those out. 

Also, be sure to join me as I discuss another of my quotes that focuses on  the idea, "DON'T QUIT!"

Enjoy thinking about those passions and how they impact those around and, until next time, always be sure to... 


"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike

Future You University   FYU on Facebook!   Podcast on iTunes   Podcast RSS feed

YouTube    

No comments:

Post a Comment