Friday, November 29, 2019

Mike's Quotes #15: The POWER of LOVE

Love. It's not what you say, it's what you DO and BECOME. Don't just utter the word, SHOW love - BE love - SHARE love. Always.  - Mike Spillman

We've talked about it before: TALK IS CHEAP!

I'm not sure that there is any word in the English language that is "thrown around" as carelessly as the word, "love". People (men AND women) use it as a bargaining tool to get what they want. They will also use the word as a way to manipulate others around them.

Adults will say the word to their children even though their actions say otherwise.

In my opinion, the word should never be used unless it is truly MEANT.

Yes, I know that we use the word "love" to describe everything from food to our pets. But, friend, you know what I'm talking about and you know that I am referring to love that denotes a feeling of commitment, trust and purpose.

Yes, I believe that this kind of love is something that you must BECOME. This may seem like an odd concept to some but, from my experience, this is true. This kind of love is something that I have had to go through a lot of life before I fully understood what it truly meant.

For those that you say are important to you in your life, your love should never be doubted or brought into question. You LIVE it, you BREATHE it, you SHOW and SHARE it and, yes, you BECOME it.

It took me about 58 years to get there but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to "arrive" at this point in my life. It is, indeed, the POWER of LOVE.

I'd love to get your feedback by going to my FaceBook page (link below) and leaving your comments. I'd greatly appreciate it and I thank you in advance.

Whatever you do, each and every day always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment