Monday, April 27, 2009

"Love Yourself - part 2"

It's another "Magical Monday" ("As long as there is breath - there is hope!") and I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend!

I mentioned on my podcast how much fun I had this past weekend riding my motorcycle up to see my good friend, Fred up in Missouri. It was one of those things that I had talked about many times ("I need to go up and see Fred....one of these days I need to ....") but, for one reason or another wasn't doing. The thing is, there was no REAL reason that has kept me from doing so - can you relate? So, anyway, I climbed on my bike and headed out about 10 a.m. Friday morning and arrived around 3:00 p.m. I took a short break and then the two of us climbed on our bikes at about 3:30 p.m. and rode until about 6:50 pm. to have supper together. I have to admit, my rear end was getting a little sore at this point! After supper, we had about another 35 miles to go to bet back to his house and then sat up until about midnight talking about old times and our friendship. Fred had to be "on the clock" at 7:00 a.m. so I got up and talked to him for a few minutes Saturday morning and then hopped back on my bike around 8:00 a.m. and headed back home and arrived there around 1:00 p.m.
It was a hard ride due to the wind...but I am SO glad that I did it and got to spend such a great time with my friend.

And, also, this coming Saturday I will once again get with some of my old classmates from High School and have lunch with them. Awesome!

So - what about you? What is something that YOU can do to "treat yourself" to a smile and a hearty laugh?

You see, even this applies to today's podcast topic that is continued from last Thursday - "Love Yourself." So many times - for whatever reason - we tell ourselves that we don't "deserve" this or that. Yes, even good relationships with good friends!

Perhaps someone has told you that - even in your childhood - and it is something that you need to overcome. But START TODAY learning to love yourself.

WHY NOT YOU?

Yes, you DO deserve happiness! Yes, you DO deserve the best life has to offer. Remember, you were BORN someone special! You are UNIQUE! "God doesn't make junk!"

In today's podcast I also share something that John Di Lemme says about this topic. He declares that you were BORN a CHAMPION! Your birth certificate is evidence of that fact! He declares that CHAMPIONS ARE BORN and LOSERS ARE MADE. I also told you I would include a link to his website, so here it is: http://john-dilemme.com/

Enjoy the podcast - explore who you are and learn to LOVE YOURSELF!

I'd love to hear any feedback that you may have - either here on the blog or by emailing me at: mike@futureyouuniversity.com

Make it an AWESOME Day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)

Mike Spillman

No comments:

Post a Comment