Friday, December 13, 2019

FRI: Mike's Quotes #25: What's YOUR Pattern?


“Keep doin' the same, Keep gettin' the same. Change Nothing, Nothing Changes!”
 - Mike Spillman (06.19.14)


Somewhere, I have a graphic with the above quote on it with the additional words at the very beginning, "IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!"

This is about as simple as it gets yet, at the same time, this seems to be a lesson that many either refuse to learn or they simply fail to learn during their lifetime. 

Why? I'm not completely sure but I have an idea that it has a couple of possibilities:
   1. People do NOT like change!
   2. People DO like to complain!

I've talked about this before but, for some people, "change" is a "4-letter word". Again, they don't like change and will resist change - in ANY form - at all costs. Even at the cost of living a life that is less that what it could be for them.  

Honestly, people like this won't even listen to what someone like me has to say about what might be possible for them IF they would only open up the possibility of making some positive changes in their lives. Nope. No way. 

And, usually, these are also the people that LOVE to complain about what all is wrong with and in their lives! They prefer to "wallow" in their own self-pity rather than make the necessary effort to actually DO something that could improve their situation. 

My guess is that you know someone that I just described perfectly. HOPEFULLY that person is NOT you! I really don't think it would be because this type of person would not waste their time reading a blog article like this that would encourage them to actually make a change for the better. 

Let's talk a moment about the upcoming flurry of "New Year's Resolutions" that will be coming in just a couple of weeks as we head into the start of a new year. I've talked about this quite a bit lately on the podcast and videos that I've produced but, most people will simply pull out and dust off the same old "resolutions" that they've made over the past five, ten or fifteen years and make the same halfhearted effort once again. This type of activity accomplishes absolutely NOTHING, my friend!

If you have not done well with whatever "resolutions" that you made at the start of this current year then here are a few things that I suggest you need to do:
   1. First of all, see if you even remember WHAT it was that you supposedly "resolved" to do!
   2. How close did you come or how far did you fall short with this "resolution"?
   3. Try to figure out WHY you did not reach the completion of this "resolution".

What I'm about to say doesn't apply to everyone but, at the same time, I would suggest that it does apply to most people. Here it is: It is likely that the reason that you did not achieve what you set out to do during this year is because you simply did not make the necessary changes to do so.   

Even if you do like I do and make ONE decision of what you would like to accomplish during the coming year, you STILL MUST do a DAILY "resolution" to make sure that you are "on track" and not "off track" on this journey. DAILY

And, by doing so, you will discover things that are working and things that are NOT working. What will you do with that? Those that will move on closer to their goals WILL MAKE NECESSARY CHANGES along the way. Those that don't, won't! Won't what? They won't - will NOT - achieve what they have "resolved" to do. That is a simple fact, friend! 

As I said on the video that I recorded earlier today, I can just hear some of you now saying, "Oh wait, but you don't understand..." and then start spouting off "reasons" as to why you were not able to accomplish what you said you wanted to accomplish. BY THE WAY, many times "reasons" are simply EXCUSES IN DISGUISE.  

"Mike, why are so you "rough" and direct about this stuff?" Here's my answer: Do you want me to lie to you and make you "feel good" or would you rather me be honest - even BRUTALLY honest - so that you can finally be honest with yourself about what is really going on?

If you would prefer for me to lie to you so that you can "feel good" about yourself then, friend, you are in the wrong place!

Here's the kicker - as anyone that has followed me for any length of time can tell you, even though I can be very direct and, sometimes, "brutally honest" with you, most STILL end up feeling good about themselves because I have helped them cut through the "crap" (pardon my expression) and get on with actually accomplishing what is possible for them. Which, by the way, is whatever they set their minds to!

So, what's YOUR "pattern"?  Do you continue to do the same thing and expect different results? Remember, change nothing and NOTHING changes.

TRUTH!

I'd love to hear from you on this topic by you going to my Facebook page (link below) and sharing with me your thoughts.  Oh, and by the way, don't wait until January 1st to start making your move toward your goals and dreams. Start TODAY by working on your mindset and be determined that you WILL make necessary changes along the way so that you CAN finally achieve something during the coming year!

And, as you do so, whatever you do, always be sure to...


"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment