Friday, December 20, 2019

Mike's Quotes #30 :" Never Half-Way!"

"Doing something 'half-way' never brings reward or satisfaction." 
- Mike Spillman (02.28.14)

Are you frustrated? Are you discouraged? Are you tired of experiencing the same "life of lack" that you have experienced for the past ____ years? (You fill in the blank). 

As we begin this article, take a moment and answer those questions as to how they relate to different areas of your life. Health/weight? Financially? Attitude/mindset?

If you find that you answer "yes" to any or all of the questions in that first paragraph then you must also take a moment to consider the question, "WHY is this true?"

As we approach the beginning of another New Year, you may find that you are frustrated and discouraged as you look over your failure to achieve what you stated in your latest (of many?) "New Year's Resolutions". 

If this is so - and it likely is - then, again, you MUST take a close look and ask yourself WHY this is true. And, more than likely, the answer will boil down to the fact that you have not made the changes necessary to change the direction of your life. 

Remember, in order for things to change, things must change. If nothing changes, nothing changes! And, friend, "Doing something 'half-way' never brings reward or satisfaction."

As I did in the podcast and video, let me clarify something on this thought. When I say, "half-way", I'm not talking about you falling short on a goal. For example, let's say reaching your goal would be a "10" and you only got to a "5" during the course of the year. You got "half-way" to your goal. Friend, if you put in your best effort and only got "half-way" to where you intended to be, that's not a bad thing! You are way ahead of where you were when you began! Don't miss that important part.

HOWEVER, if you only put a "half-hearted" or "half-way" attempt into this process then, friend, you should not be surprised when you realize that you likely didn't even reach "5" on this scale. 

Go back and read, listen and watch the previous entries for this week's series and understand that, if you put out a "positive expectation" about what you seek and desire, you WILL attract what is needed in your life in order to achieve that which you seek and desire!

As I type this article, it is a Wednesday and this article will be published on a Friday. I point that out because I experienced yet ANOTHER "connection" that shows me clearly, once again, about how all of this works together. As a brief review, I organized and prepared the quotes that I would be using in this weeks series around the end of last week. This past Sunday afternoon I watched some videos that featured some thoughts from Bob Proctor about how this process works and how we are able to "attract" powerful and positive "things" into our life that we need to succeed. The article Monday, which was selected BEFORE I listened/watched these videos, went "hand in hand" with these thoughts and then, on Tuesday morning I was on a call where the speaker talked about this exact same thing! WOW! And then, last night, I listened to yet another speaker, on a webinar for a completely different company, nail down these exact same thoughts during his presentation. DOUBLE WOW!

But you can NOT do this by approaching things half-way! If you approach whatever it is with an attitude of, "Eh, if I do, great and if I don't succeed, that's o.k., too." then you are doomed to failure and more frustration and misery in and for your life. Indeed, "Go Big or Go Home!"

I love this quote but, at the same time, I want to point out that you have to know what direction you need to take in order to reach your dreams. You will NEVER do so by approaching this with a half-hearted and half-way attempt. 

Are you ready to FINALLY leave that miserable life and attitude behind? If so, I'm here to help in any way that I can and I'd love to hear from you. Go to my Facebook page (link below) and leave a comment and let's connect.

And, until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment