Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Mike's Quotes #35: Whatever Happened To...


“History is not full of stories of those who quit and gave up.” - Mike Spillman (07.08.14)

I love inspirational stories of those who, even after suffering great setbacks, have persevered and succeeded in their quest. Stories of people like Abraham Lincoln, for example that experienced many failures along his way to success...becoming President of the United States. 

Recorded history is FULL of stories of those who never gave up. True, not all of them experienced the success which they sought but, they still never gave up!

However, do you know what you will NOT find? You WILL NOT find stories of those that decided to quit and give up. My guess is that there could not be enough books written to contain such stories of those who simply have given up over the course of history. 

Would YOU be in one of THOSE books? 

In my last blog article I shared a quote from a lady that had lost her job and was facing some struggles in her future. In relation to that scenario she said, "I hear a train coming and I'm either ON IT or IN FRONT OF IT." As I said in the last article, I'm not sure what she ended up doing but, based on our conversation, she didn't give up and found a way to "get on that train".

Again, you don't become a failure by "falling short" of your goals. You fail when you decide to quit and give up. You fail at that point because you have decided to give up on the path which you were on that could, eventually, have led you to success. But now? Now you have abandoned that journey and, likely, any other possible way to achieve what you seek. Quitting IS failure!

What will the legacy be that YOU leave behind?

I will do all that I can to encourage you along the way but, at the same time, you must APPLY the things that you learn here. You MUST involve yourself in a daily diet of positive information to help you because, friend, you WILL face obstacles and setbacks.

I wanted to leave you with a couple of graphics on the topic. One will hopefully inspire you while the other should put a smile on your face. Then, after the smile, you should decide that you do NOT want to be the winner of the "Who Can Quit First" game!




I'd love to hear from you and your thoughts on this article or any other article that you have read. The best way to do so is to stop by my Facebook page (see link below). Be sure to join me in the next article as I discuss the need to separate yourself from "the stink". 

Until then, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment