Thursday, January 2, 2020

Mike's Quotes #31: One Day At A Time




"One day at a time...that's how it comes AND goes!" - Mike Spillman (12.31.2017)

Here we are again. Still looking over the year that has just passed and now, on this 2nd day of the New Year, we look forward to what lies ahead.

"Where did the time go?" That's something that you hear a lot, isn't it? Well, at least I do and I also find myself saying that very thing! It's strange but, it DOES seem as if time goes by quicker as you get older but we all know that this simply is not true. It passes for each of us in exactly the same way and at the same pace. For the purpose of this blog article I will state how it goes by in seconds, minutes, hours and days. 

The year that just passed did so one day at a time - 365 of them. And, guess what? The year that we have just begun will also pass the same way - one day at a time and then, after 365 of them, we will find ourselves back at the start of yet another year. 

"One day at a time...that's how it comes AND goes!"

If you have followed me for any length of time then you know how much I stress the importance of TODAY. Let me state it again: That period in the future that we call "tomorrow" does not exist. There is no promise of it's arrival and, at this point in time, it is yet to come into existence. And, on the other side, that time period that we call "yesterday" also no longer exists. Different than "tomorrow", "yesterday" DID actually exist but it is no longer. It's in the past, gone and never to be relived or retrieved. That being said, TODAY is all that we have at our disposal. What will YOU do with YOUR "today"?

Next week I plan to start a new series about all of those so-called, "Work From Home Opportunities" that so many of you (along with many others) may be looking over at the start of this new year. But, in my next article I will share another of my quotes that goes a step beyond today's thought and touches on how we can make sure that we have a PRODUCTIVE year by having PRODUCTIVE days. Be sure to join me for that article and also be sure to listen to the podcasts on these topics as well. All links can be found below.

Again friend, I do want to wish you a Happy New Year and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your "positive information diet". Until the next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment