Wednesday, February 19, 2020

More Than One Day


"Good or bad - Don't base your DECISIONS on just one day." - Mike Spillman

I've heard something very similar to this most - if not all - of my life, haven't you? I usually heard it if I found myself in a situation that was not going well and that I had begun to gripe and complain about. 

It wasn't always a job. I remember this actually going back to when I was in Jr. High and High School in dealing with sports teams. My Dad would tell me to take the time to really think things out before I made a decision as to whether I wanted to continue to play or to quit. 

And, as I continued along my path into college and adulthood, I received this advice several more times. I wanted to quit college after my freshman year but my Mom encouraged me to stay for at least one more year and then decide. I did so and ended up graduating after four years of college. 

"Hey Mike, when you say 'good or bad'...what do you mean by 'GOOD'?"

Believe it or not, it IS possible to make a hasty decision when things are going good! There have been many that have worked for themselves in some sort of "work-from-home-opportunity" that did pretty well pretty quickly and made a hasty decision to quit their "regular" job. Oh, sure, they may not have made the decision in just a day but, at the same time, they did not really give the thought deserved by such a major move.  

This type of approach even goes into someone deciding to make a major purchase simply because their job is going well and they've made some good money. Often this leads to a purchase of an expensive automobile or money spent on exotic vacations. And, often, that person ends up losing that job or that position and they end up broke or almost broke. 

We ALL have "bad days" whether it be in connection to our jobs, our marriages or even other relationships. It's easy - as I talked about earlier this week - to find those that are ready to join you in your frustration and griping. This just makes it "easier" for you to make a hasty (and often costly) decision.

Hey, just think about it for a moment. Let's say that you have begun to focus on what all is WRONG with your spouse and you have become so negative toward them and about them that you begin to consider a divorce. Just like the example in the last paragraph, there will ALWAYS be someone of the opposite sex that is willing (and waiting) to "console" you and lend a supportive ear while you gripe and complain about your spouse and your marriage. And yes, they, too, make it "easier" to make a hasty (and often costly) decision.

So, yes - ABSOLUTELY - do NOT allow the course of ONE DAY (good or bad) cause you to make a hasty decision but, at the same time, don't take the words "one day" too literally in today's quote. 

TAKE THE TIME TO THINK THINGS THROUGH BEFORE MAKING MAJOR DECISIONS IN ANY AREA OF YOUR LIFE.

Maybe that's a better, more accurate way to say it...would you agree?

Thanks for joining me today! Please be sure to also listen to the podcast and to also watch the video (links below) and be sure to stop by my Facebook page (link below) and leave some feedback.

Until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment