Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Mike's Quotes #45: A Level Roller Coaster?



"A level roller coaster would not be much fun." - Mike Spillman (1.8.2019)

Why do you ride a roller coaster? Isn't it for the thrills? Isn't it for the speed, the ups and downs and, even on some, those "upside down" loops that you go through? YEAH!

And, at the same time, if I were to ask some why they DON'T ride a roller coaster, the answer would likely be very similar.

Either way, what makes a roller coaster a roller coaster is what makes it a "must do" for some and a "no way" for others. Point being, "a level roller coaster would not be much fun!"

Can you imagine being on a level roller coaster? No thanks!

But friend, it's the same with life. It's kind of like what I shared via my blog a few months ago when I asked, "If there were no frustrations, would I recognize elation when it arrived?"

Oh, I'm not saying that difficult times are fun but, at the same time, they help me realize that I AM ALIVE and I am a part of this roller coaster ride that we call "life"!

I like to compare it to that long, slow, hard, "up hill" part of a roller coaster ride right at the start. It's not an exciting part of the ride, right? Although, for me, I hate that part because I am afraid of heights. Anyway, this is a part of the process...getting you "high enough" to turn loose and "fly" down the track and to propel you for the rest of the ride. 

When things become difficult and it seems as if everything is "up hill", I try to think about the roller coaster and how I'm about to experience the THRILL of the ride, but only AFTER the up hill struggle. 

"A level roller coaster would not be much fun." In the same way, a life without "ups and downs" might seem attractive but, friend, it would not be a life to experienced by anyone.

Be sure to listen to the podcast and also watch the video by checking out the links below. And, until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment