Wednesday, February 26, 2020

One Decision Away


As I've mentioned in the podcast and the recent videos, I really want to encourage you to have your "eyes and ears open" to things like this that likely cross your path on a daily basis. Two articles ago I shared a picture that I took of a sign that I came across in an office and, in the last article, an image that I cam across during a recent study. This one? It came across my social media feed from a connection that I have through the John Maxwell program.

Why do I say this? Because again, friend, we all need to absorb as much positive information into our mindset as we can, each and every day. What you put into your mind will determine your mindset and your mindset will determine your direction in and for your life. And, if you're not paying attention, many of these opportunities will pass you by undiscovered and unnoticed.

That is one decision that you can make that, indeed, can and will take your life in a different (and better) direction. 

We all face choices and decisions every day of our lives. Some carry greater "weight" than others but, at the same time, even those "small" choices or decisions may have a greater impact than we might first consider. For example, though you may not think of it this way for now, a simple decision about what you will have for lunch may have such an impact over time. 

How so? Choices, and the decisions that follow, easily turn into habits and habits dictate a lot of things in our lives. In the above example, what you choose to eat for lunch ONE day may not be that big of a deal but, at the same time, if you have made a poor choice health-wise and that choice turns into a habit then...well, I think you can come to that conclusion for yourself.

Going back to a previous article this week, you have a choice to make between mediocrity or excellence. Getting into the habit with either of these will take you down two different directions for your life. ONE decision begins that process.

That doesn't mean that you cannot CHANGE that direction but, the longer that decision goes and the longer it has become a habit, the harder it will be to change the direction of that course. But it can be done!

"As long as there is breath, there is hope!" is a quote that I put together back on March 2, 2009 during my very first podcast. It's a quote that I say in my podcasts nearly every time I record a new episode and it is so important to understand. Every day that you are alive and breathing gives you the OPPORTUNITY to change the direction of your life - no matter how impossible it may seem.

I often use the example of a "jet ski" compared to a tanker ship. They BOTH can be turned around but, obviously, the "jet ski" will be able to do so much quicker, taking up less space and time to do so than the tanker. The tanker CAN still turn around and go in the opposite direction, but it will require much more space, time and energy. 

Think about that and determine - CHOOSE - to pay close attention to the choices that you make on a daily basis!

Often I urge you to be sure to also listen to the podcast and watch the video on the day's topic. LET ME POINT OUT that the reason for me doing so is very evident with this article. I recorded the video two days ago and recorded the podcast a few hours ago. I can promise you that this article takes a different path with totally different ideas and examples than either one of the others.

Why not  - while you are "consuming" this information - make a decision to take advantage of ALL that today's topic has to offer. Why not CHOOSE to access all three "avenues" available to you each and every day?

Until next time, whatever you do, always be sure to...

"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"

Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment