Saturday, October 19, 2013

Two Ways to Spread the Light

"There are two ways of spreading the light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."            Edith Wharton
Hey, we're all different and all of us aren't gifted in the areas that many look at as "those that shine". Know what I mean?
Some seem to be natural in front of a crowd of any size or they just seem to have that "way with words" whether spoken or written.
But, pay attention to the quote and know that, even though some "shine" in ways that you feel you may never be able to, you can STILL "reflect" light and still spread the light in the process.
I had the honor of hearing the late Jim Rohn speak on a few occasions and have always been amazed at his way with words. He had such a "warm" approach that made you feel like you were listening to your dad or grandad share wonderful bits of wisdom with you as you sat around the kitchen table.
I may not ever have that same ability but I CAN "spread the light" by sharing quotes and ideas that were shared by Mr. Rohn. I can incorporate the things I learned by listening to him speak and by reading books that he wrote and share them when I write or speak, thus spreading the light.
Shine or reflect.
It doesn't really matter because, either way, you are spreading the light and, my friend, this world needs that light more than ever before.
And, don't forget, as you do so, remember to...
"Make it an AWESOME day! (Who else is going to do it for you?)"
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment